Whining Thread #2

Lioness

Come home at 11pm. It's roughly maybe 18C outside. Housemate has the aircon on.

It's too cold for this! She doesn't even have it on a timer, which means that it would have just gone on all night.

What a ridiculous waste of electricity.

I downlaoded some free software to copy a dance film recorded from TV - originally on VHS then copied over to DVD...but its a limited version and doesnt do what I want plus a few glitches of its own; the second attempt the sound fails, and its limited to 5 minute cilps....then
a memory stick doesnt read on my mac. anyone had this? do memory sticks stop working on macs if they are used with a PC?

have bit the bullet and paid for the software package....

okay how do I find my signature to change it; Its going to be this:

“Dance, when you're broken open. Dance, if you've torn the bandage off. Dance in the middle of the fighting. Dance in your blood. Dance when you're perfectly free.”
Rumi

COPYRIGHT BTM:mad:

Last edited by a moderator:

Peaches

Have been awake since 6am when my brother called. Normally I wouldn't have answered, but his wife is super-preggers (as in, due the 27th) so I thought it could be News. Nope.

Grumblecakes.

samina

okay how do I find my signature to change it; Its going to be this:

“Dance, when you're broken open. Dance, if you've torn the bandage off. Dance in the middle of the fighting. Dance in your blood. Dance when you're perfectly free.”
Rumi

COPYRIGHT BTM:mad:
Non-admins, non-mods, do not have the ability to add or modify their signature....or rather, still haven't heard a non-admin/non-mod user report they have access to it. It's been reported multiple times in the software thread...with a link provided instructing how to change the permissions to fix the problem. No response or change, as yet.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, luckily don't need change my signature yet, hopefully when I eventually need to change, will be fixed;) so far I only use basic functions such as reading and posting replies, haven't encounter major problem except really don't like the lower resolution of my avatar:(

Peaches

I wish the associated parental units would remove the small child from my vicinity. Admittedly child is quiet and well behaved, but...go.away. And quit trodding on my toes, and bumping into me, and my feet are not toy car roads, and quit stepping in my purse. Go.away.

NURDRMS

I feel like the shrimp guy on Forrest Gump..."you've got your turkey and dressing, you've got your leftover turkey and dressing, you've got your turkey pizza, you've got your turkey salad sandwiches..."

pygmalion

Ya got yer bawled skrimp, yer steamed skrimp, yer bbq skrimp, yer skrimp stew, yer skrimp soup, yer skrimp po boys, yer skrimp kabobs ...

Love that movie. And I think you should go back home ... TO GREENBOW ALABAMA!

pygmalion

Gotcha and agreed. Never going "home" to Philadelphia, PA. Loved it when I was there; love things about it now. But I ain't goin home no more no more.

I just said that for emphasis. Love me some Forrest Gump. Darnit! I was going to post a picture of the Greenbow Alabama! scene (The one where Forrest yells at Jenny's abusive, loser hippie boyfriend) but that's the one screen shot that I can't find.

pygmalion

I wish the associated parental units would remove the small child from my vicinity. Admittedly child is quiet and well behaved, but...go.away. And quit trodding on my toes, and bumping into me, and my feet are not toy car roads, and quit stepping in my purse. Go.away.

Some people just do not comprehend that not everybody adores their precious child. It could be worse, though. It could be an infant that they just hand you as if somehow, because you're a woman, you must be hard-wired to want to hold all random babies in your vicinity. It took my Mom decades to finally believe me that, even though I loved my own (close) child relatives** and my own child to distraction, that does not necessarily spill over into a desire to love on every baby ever born.

** I really don't think I should be required to nurture second cousin babies. Nieces and nephews? Yes, within certain parameters. Second cousins? Are you kidding me? Thank goodness the next family reunion is two years away and most of my first cousins and siblings are too old to procreate. And we've already covered my position on second cousins.

Dance Ads