Whining Thread #2

Injured some weird tendon somewhere deep inside my foot.
Never knew a side cross could be that dangerous... heck, never knew that tendon existed till I found it... accidentally, so to speak

No dancing for me till doctor tells me otherwise. Two weeks so far, probably about two to go. Facing serious withdrawal.
aaaaaaaargh

fascination

Site Moderator
Staff member
oy to you and oy to me....out late with the gals, didn't even really want to be, but have turned them down too many times...so, home at midnight, but freezing for some reason so not asleep til after one...and slept in small fits and bursts...consequently, have to teach two hours of fitness this morning on fumes

cornutt

Ugh. Impending sequestration is wreaking havoc with absolutely everything at work.
Same here. I really need to go to Syracuse to meet with a sub and a vendor, but we have zero travel right now. They keep telling us we should use VTC instead, but (1) it's not the same thng, (2) the one room available to us that has VTC capability is a crap installation, and (3) the Army network restricts all of the commonly used online collaboration tools. We could go to our company HQ building where they have good VTC and we could get access to Webex, but we can't use those because of a color-of-money problem.

Peaches

I like getting out of the shower to find that DH has vacuumed the house. I don't so much like the fact that it means the whole house now smells like stinkbugs. Eurgh.

Lioness

Two whines for today...

Went to a spin class at the gym after I'd finished my weights. Felt like being nice and fit. Except that today's weirdo instructor tried to turn it into a circuit type thing...some time on bikes, the rest of the time spent squatting and throwing around medicine balls and dumbbells and stuff like that. I ended up leaving early because I just didn't want to deal with her. She kept stuffing up the music, yelling into her microphone...a truly bad experience at what is usually a great gym.

Second, I talked to BF about his upcoming court date. Not only does he say 'don't worry about coming', he actively doesn't want me to be there. I get that that's his decision, and he doesn't want anyone else to get involved, but I'd really like to be there to support him and also because, you know, I've never seen a court thing before and I'm genuinely curious. I won't go, but it sorta sucks that he doesn't want me there...

fascination

Site Moderator
Staff member
I would be curious as to whether or not something had occurred that he didn't want me to know about....sounds pretty perplexing...as to the fitness class, was it labeled in advance as a class that was fusing spin with something else?

Lioness

Nope...just an ordinary spin class.

I don't think it's a case of not wanting me to know something. It's more likely that he just doesn't want anyone to see something he regards as a really dumb mistake. He's pretty embarrassed about it all.

Dance Ads