Whining Thread #2

SwayWithMe

How is it possible that there were exactly *zero* male instructors working tonight's dance party? Had to teach guys the basics to dance at all, left after 45 minutes bc it was killing me doing half speed Cha Cha. I'm usually the last one standing at the end of the party.

Entire family was asleep when I got home, lay awake for three hours, now doing housework in the wee am hours. Excellent evening. Just wanted to dance a bit... :(

Lioness

Talking to BF...BF goes "so you're going to the gym...and then you can do some Japanese study!"

How about hell no! It's the first day of my holidays. Give me a break. Let me rest for one day. One day. And get the hell off my back.

Lioness

Just found out that the yearly membership for powerlifting is $100.

I can't afford that.

And they want me to have a coach and everything to compete. Screw that.

DWise1

I have a 5th Generation iPod Nano. It had started some minor glitches before, but now it's gotten worse. Now after a couple/few minutes of playing, it suddenly stops. Until I hit a button again. That is just plain unacceptable.

I've looked at the next generations. No control wheel; that is just not acceptable. I have a playlist, not all entries of which I might not want to listen to, depending on my mood (don't ask me about that!). I carry my Nano in my shirt pocket. If I want to skip the current randomized selection, I just reach in and click the fwd control. If a co-worker approaches me while I'm listening to music, I just reach in and pause my Nano. Never have to look, because I always know exactly where the appropriate control is.

Next generations, there's no control wheel, no way to know what to do. For absolutely every single thing, we have to pull the stupid thing out of our pocket in order to see what control to hit.

Really stupid question: is there any way I can buy another 5th generation Nano?

DWise1

I also found it on amazon.com.

It's gotten glitchy. Sometimes when I turn it on the volume goes all the way up and the volume control no longer works. When that happens, I have to reset it by plugging it in to the computer for recharging. When I tried that this morning, that seemed to clear that shutting off problem. So I'll be limping along with it for a while longer.

Sania

I went dancing last night and it's the most beautiful day of spring. There are jasmine, honeysuckle and roses blooming in my yard. I love working in my yard.

My whine: my yard needs attention and I have other (indoor) commitments today!

Dance Ads