Whining Thread #2

fascination

Site Moderator
Staff member
horrible festering bed bug bites from exposure on saturday, now compounded by the exposure on monday and cannot find the benedryl cream...using decade old caladryrl instead... to poor effect...and still no response from the hotel I have stayed at every week for 5 years....this being the 2nd and 3rd exposure respectively ...getting ready to open a can of whoopass...second night of this and no sleep

NURDRMS

Have to go on a very low iodine diet for the next two weeks. Crazy long list of food I have to do without. Basically all I can eat are small portions of fresh meat, fruits, some veggies (no dark green leafy ones), potatoes without the skin, and dry-roasted, non-salted nuts. That means NO chocolate, NO Diet Coke, NO beer, NO spinach and pineapple smoothies, NO pasta unless I make it without eggs, NO fish or seafood, NO rice, NO baked goods unless I can make it without eggs, butter or milk, and NO dairy of any kind (which is actually okay, since I'm lactose intolerant.) Sheesh. DH says I'm going to end up weighing 80 pounds and being very cranky. I think he's secretly delighted that he'll be out of the country for most of this diet...

stash

My dad keeps sending me job information, for jobs that I don't want to do. I'm already in a job where I am so bored and so frustrated that I just want to scream. Now he sent me an even worse job that I could get a 8-12 week detail for, but wait for it... it's for a gs7. And what am I? A gs 3 going on 4.... If you are going to send me stupid job posting at least check before to see if I'm actually qualified.

Not to mention being stuck at a desk all day makes me want to go curl up in my bed all day and hide. But nope, that's what they want me to do. But they forget that they made me realize that I could run my own business, in what ever field I want, and that's stuck with me and that's what I want to do. Either they need to make up their stupid minds or butt out of my life decisions at this point...

End of whining rant...

stash

For about another year and a half I am financially dependent on them, unless I find cheap rent and take out student loans--which is something I don't want to do at the moment.

And I don't expect them to understand what I want to do, or why I want to do it. But they've known what I've wanted to do for at least 4 years now... I'm beginning to think they were/are hoping it's just a phase, but it isn't.

It is very difficult to navigate, between trying to respect them, but at the same time trying to grow up as an individual and becoming the person I want to be.

SwayWithMe

Not feeling well, gloomy gray weather, youngest daughter "lost" her school uniform shoes (but not the orthotics that were in them -- huh?!?) so both girls were late to school because of time spent looking for them, youngest is going to be written up for being out of uniform, lost my grocery shopping time completely, homeschooled son was late to piano. Fairly normal stuff, but hard to handle on top of my current frustration level about dance. Argh!

Lioness

Ugh. If you change your mind and decide that you don't actually want to cover part of my shift, don't call me 4 hours beforehand!

No-one...NO-ONE will want to cover a shift that starts at 4am. And I need to leave then. How rude. And anyone who did want to cover a shift that early will be asleep at midnight.

fascination

Site Moderator
Staff member
I know...but that has to get in line behind; mammogram, cholesterol bloodwork, appointment for why my ears are ringing, and basic hygiene :)...not to mention weatherproofing the rotting deck, finishing shoveling cow crap so I can plant things and about 1000 other things that are going to be responsible for my next nervous breakdown :)

Dance Ads