Whining Thread #2

stash

My dad bugging me at 7:20 that I wasn't at work yet. It takes me 15minutes to get to work from home... Meaning I had 25 more minutes to look at my tumblr at home... But nooo I should go to work... Seriously... It's not my fault that I'm actually up early because you and mom were arguing and that woke me up....

Lioness

Ahaha I'm the same in the morning with Tumblr...wake up...endlessly scroll...eventually go to work.

Venting.

The "the chef should take the worst plate" mindset REALLY freaking annoys me. I hate cooking. If I'm cooking for more than one person, I want a choice of the best food, if there is even a "best" food. Obviously if it's a dinner party it's different, but if I'm cooking dinner for me and you, then I'm doing you a favor, and you be grateful for what you're given. There's no way I'm working hard just to give you something amazing for doing nothing.

This is maybe coming out a little harsher than I intended, and probably a little selfish, but I'm cooking for me, and then cooking extra for you as a favour. You've said several times that I don't have to cook for you, you can go get takeaway. Well it's no extra trouble to cook you extra, but that means I get the privilege of deciding that, you know what, I think I'll take the plate with a bit of extra meat on it. I paid for it, I cooked it, I'm eating it.

And this is pretty damn specific but I hate the mindset in general. Why should someone feel entitled to the best bit when they've done none of the work. I'm not making you a present, I'm cooking food.

Joe

DP or BF?

Depends whether or not the person is an invited guest. You are obligated by the rules of hospitality to provide them with an optimal experience in your home.

stash

Ended up in the hospital last night because my drink was cross contaminated with dairy products. I am deathly allergic (not lactose intolerant... that's just gas...) No this a full fledge reaction, hives, trouble breathing, and other symptoms that sometimes happen or sometimes don't happen, like nausea. It all happened so fast that I had to use the epipen instead of benedryl. Spent 5 hours in the hospital. Everything's fine now--aside from my leg which hurts like a female dog and being drowsy from the benedryl they gave me at the hospital. Nothing more of a buzz kill than anaphylactic shock.

mindputtee

Yikes! I'm glad to hear you're ok!

My whine:
Just realized after attaching about half of this ruffle to the bottom edge of this skirt that I did it right side to wrong side. Garrrrrrrhhhhhh. The good thing is I'd made the seams in the ruffle french seams so I can just top stitch them down and hope no one ever looks closes enough to bother. I'm starting to really hate gathered ruffles.

Ahaha I'm the same in the morning with Tumblr...wake up...endlessly scroll...eventually go to work.

Venting.

The "the chef should take the worst plate" mindset REALLY freaking annoys me. I hate cooking. If I'm cooking for more than one person, I want a choice of the best food, if there is even a "best" food. Obviously if it's a dinner party it's different, but if I'm cooking dinner for me and you, then I'm doing you a favor, and you be grateful for what you're given. There's no way I'm working hard just to give you something amazing for doing nothing.

This is maybe coming out a little harsher than I intended, and probably a little selfish, but I'm cooking for me, and then cooking extra for you as a favour. You've said several times that I don't have to cook for you, you can go get takeaway. Well it's no extra trouble to cook you extra, but that means I get the privilege of deciding that, you know what, I think I'll take the plate with a bit of extra meat on it. I paid for it, I cooked it, I'm eating it.

And this is pretty damn specific but I hate the mindset in general. Why should someone feel entitled to the best bit when they've done none of the work. I'm not making you a present, I'm cooking food.
Aesop's fable; the hen, the mouse and the badger, or somesuch trio..

Lioness

Front struts on car need replacing. $400.

I have spent at least twice what this piece of [trash] is worth in the last year. I sit there and go "if I fix this problem, it'll cost less than a new car and it will be working well...shouldn't develop any new problems"

$600 water pump, $600 brake pads and rotors, $400 front struts, 4 new tyres at $130 each, new battery...the list is long but it's still cheaper than a new car.

Conflicted :/

Lioness

Not to mention that the mechanic mentioned that it might not just be the struts that need replacing...there might be busted CV joints behind there. I don't even want to know what that would cost.

cornutt

If it's just that the struts are worn out, you can probably live with that for a while. As for the CV joints, are you hearing any clicking or rumbling noises from the front wheels?

Lioness

Not so much clicking or rumbling...but rattling rumbling I guess? Sort of like there's a baby helicopter stuck on my axle.

Mum works for mechanics, so I'm going to take it to them tomorrow. They think it might just be a supportive bit that's busted, not the whole thing.

Either way, I'm going to fix it. Buying a new car when I'm going to be travelling in a year is a silly idea. Hopefully it won't turn into a black hole of wasting money.

Lioness

Fixed the car...thankfully mum has a habit of working for mechanics, so they can discount repairs.

My car feels solid again. It no longer attempts to lose its wheels when I run over a manhole.

Apparently there's a small tear in the CV boot, but whatevs. Not a huge concern right now.

Dance Ads