Whining Thread #2

whine for the day: (for stupid reasons I dont want to get into) today I was told I am not allowed to use a song picked out for a small group im in for a performance... even though we have been practicing choreography since march and had song edited with costumes ordered... btw the performance is 2 weeks away. Now we have to choose a completely different song which i just spent 2 hours editing because it didnt want to sound right for me, return costumes, and change choreography. Great.

Purr

whine for the day: (for stupid reasons I dont want to get into) today I was told I am not allowed to use a song picked out for a small group im in for a performance... even though we have been practicing choreography since march and had song edited with costumes ordered... btw the performance is 2 weeks away. Now we have to choose a completely different song which i just spent 2 hours editing because it didnt want to sound right for me, return costumes, and change choreography. Great.
Why? If there was a problem with the song, it should have been dealt with in March, not 2 weeks before a performance. Changing costumes is an expense, and trying to learn new choreography in 2 weeks is burdensome, if not impossible.

I wouldn't do it either.

I for one don't want to do it, but the other four people in my group do and they still need me in it... Well that's what you would think purr that the song thing would be decided on a long time ago. The problem is that our song was approved in march but then somebody else ended up picking the same song (later than us I might add) and since that person is paying s lot more to perform, obviously that person gets priority.

stash

My parents miss informed me about the days we will be going on Vacation, which made me miss inform coach that travels down to teach us.... They swear they told me the right dates, but they didn't. I asked them a bunch to, so that I could make plans accordingly. Now it doesn't completely mess it up, but I am turning into a very angry squid of anger....

Aura

Whine for today: PDA is well and good when done in moderation and in consideration for others around you. I don't mind that you enjoy a quick kiss with the missus, far from it. But, please refrain from doing it every couple of minutes and/or seconds, especially during group class. Other people are trying to learn what they can in this short time period, and it certainly does not help my focus when I tilt my head left in dance position, and I see you two playing a quick game of tonsil hockey.

Whine for today: PDA is well and good when done in moderation and in consideration for others around you. I don't mind that you enjoy a quick kiss with the missus, far from it. But, please refrain from doing it every couple of minutes and/or seconds, especially during group class. Other people are trying to learn what they can in this short time period, and it certainly does not help my focus when I tilt my head left in dance position, and I see you two playing a quick game of tonsil hockey.

:D

Lioness

Lecturer is using all sorts of jargon and complicated sentence structures...this is a new subject to me and it's all going over my head...what's going on.

Hoping the readings are more plainly worded.

Purr

Ok, this is not really a whine - it's more like why would a lead do this? I went to my studio's party Saturday night, and a lead that I hadn't danced with before asked me dance cha cha. He opens with this silver DVIDA figure; he doesn't lead it that well, but I recognize it anyway. He pulls out a couple of other advanced moves during the dance. At the end, he tells me what a good dancer I am.

My thing is this - why would a lead pull out advanced moves at the start, with a dancer he doesn't know, that may or may know be able to follow them. If you're a lead trying to show off, maybe, if that's the goal. I think it would be a better plan to open with some basic stuff, and if that goes well, then try something advanced.

Dance Ads