Whining Thread #2

dancelvr

Work for the government they said... It is stable they said...

Lol. Yup. If they don't do something-government shutdown

I work for the government too. They keep threatening us with such things, and somehow, we avoid them.

And, even if there IS a shutdown, I will still be forced to go to work. It will be without pay during the shutdown, but we would get back pay when it's over. Ah.....the joys of working for The Department of Homeland Security.

stash

I work for the government too. They keep threatening us with such things, and somehow, we avoid them.

And, even if there IS a shutdown, I will still be forced to go to work. It will be without pay during the shutdown, but we would get back pay when it's over. Ah.....the joys of working for The Department of Homeland Security.
I think we've avoided most things too. Except for one day at the USDA. I don't think our finacial tech job will be necessary though if we have a shut down :p

Gorme

Thank goodness I got paid today because I have to go find BF a birthday present and he just says he doesn't want anything! Say that one more time, and I'll buy you a kitten. And you really don't want that (because it will be mine)
That's the way to go. Buy something that you wouldn't mind keeping. If he accepts, then you can share. If not, keep it for yourself.

Gorme

That department is not going to be going away any time soon.

fascination

Site Moderator
Staff member
I hate trucks...used to drive to school down a road that was on a truck route, but on suburban road...trucks got crazy, changing lanes quickly, etc. Now I'm at the point that I'd rather get a speeding fine than sit next to a truck.
I actually find truckers to be far better drivers than most folks most of the time...there's an occasional loon, but not like the regular driving public

cornutt

Target's prescription auto-refill did not work. They checked the computer and said that their system should have put the order in this week, and they could not figure out why it didn't. So I had to wait. They did put mine at the front of the line so I didn't have to wait very often.

Hedwaite

It rained, so all my bones hurt this morning, and I think I screwed up a calf-muscle dancing on concrete last night. I wore rubber-sole shoes, because rednecks always throw down cornmeal or floorwax, but this time, they didn't. Ouch.

Cal

Stupid latex gloves didn't hold up in the thumbs, so now I have black-walnut-stained thumbs. (Refer to Cooking From Scratch thread.)
If anybody is looking to formulate a new self-tanner for dancers, I recommend incorporating black walnut stain into the ingredients.

Hedwaite

It's already an active component in some of the at-home aerosol sprays. I've found it adds an olivine tinge though. I guess green's still better than white to the judges?

My ipod died after 9 years. Which is fine, because its old, but I just paid all my comp registration fees for OSB (expensive, or at least more so than collegiate) and Chicago. So I am poor now. grrr..

mindputtee

I've woken up with a headache pretty much every day for the last few days. It wasn't too bad, but it was really interfering with practice today, despite taking ibuprofen.

Dance Ads