Whining Thread #2

dancelvr

I'm so sorry - I have cats too and I know what it's like to stress out when they are sick pr suffer. If he / she is not eating, it's important to seek attention immediately as not eating can lead to fatty liver disease (hepatic lipidosis). We went through that with one of my cats last year and part of the treatment involved wrapping her in a towel and feeding her special food via finger three times a day.
Kitty is currently residing at the veterinary hospital, awaiting surgery. His liver and other organs are fine, thank goodness. But, his mouth is full of infected abscesses. This all came on so quickly! Poor baby has to have ALL of his teeth removed. At least my wonderful vet is boarding him free of charge, so he can fit the surgery into his schedule as soon as he has the infection under control. Poor baby. But, he will come out of it all healthy, pain free, and will adjust nicely to the circumstances.

stash

yea but it's always easier to get over your friend's spineless dirt bag than it is to get over your own...when it's your own, sometimes you have to keep letting him hurt you until you get tired of it...not sure why...but ...seems to be how it goes...women in particular seem to have a rough time getting the concept of "when someone treats you badly, they mean it"
Yeah I know. And I'm here for her.

Joe

Kitty is currently residing at the veterinary hospital, awaiting surgery. His liver and other organs are fine, thank goodness. But, his mouth is full of infected abscesses. This all came on so quickly! Poor baby has to have ALL of his teeth removed. At least my wonderful vet is boarding him free of charge, so he can fit the surgery into his schedule as soon as he has the infection under control. Poor baby. But, he will come out of it all healthy, pain free, and will adjust nicely to the circumstances.
So it's a liquid diet from here on out?

dancelvr

So it's a liquid diet from here on out?
canned food...I am guessing
He'll be on a strained canned diet for two weeks, while his gums heal. Then, softened kibble will gradually be introduced while the gums harden. My vet says the gums become bone-like in time, and crunching kibble is not a problem. I went through something similar with another of my senior cats, and he was right. Kibble is no problem.

Cats can still eat kibble with no teeth. But dry food is bad for them anyway, so it's best to stick with canned food.
Well, unless your cat lets you floss for him/her, canned food causes significantly more dental problems than dry kibble. And, two of my cats can't tolerate canned food because of the fat content.

nikkitta

canned food causes significantly more dental problems than dry kibble.
http://www.catinfo.org/#Dental_Disease

And tell that to my dry kibble-addict cat who had almost all of his teeth removed :(. Claiming that kibble helps to clean cats' teeth is like telling humans to eat cookies to clean theirs. But a further problem with dry kibble is its high carbohydrate content, which is not good in any cat's diet. Raw is ideal, but... :eek: I've bought pre-made raw, but thinking of making it myself makes me want to (where-is-that-vomiting-emoticon).

Lioness

Well, I probably didn't say all that I wanted to say.

My plan was to bring up the communication issues we have and all that, but I didn't.

I pretty much said that there weren't enough comps left before I leave to move up a level anyway, and that to me it made no sense to dance together those 6 months just for the sake of it. I suggested that using that time to dance with his GF would be the best use, and he agreed. Next comp, November 24th, will be our last comp together. We talked about him helping me run the uni club next year, with him helping me teach/demo for the beginners. That way we still stay in contact. He's still one of my best friends...I don't want to lose that.

dancelvr

We could debate this cat food talk forever. And, I'm not up to that right now. Kitty wasn't perking up after the gum infection treatment, so vet did some blood work. He's also got serous kidney issues. It's 50/50 now if I can save him or not. The next couple of days will tell the tale.

fascination

Site Moderator
Staff member
only two here...dh would divorce me if I got a third...he already merely tolerates these two...I have had three dogs before but they were huskies and lived outdoors so I suppose that doesn't really count

I am what I believe the Engineer's Guide To Cats refers to as "a guy with a cat". I've always kind of wished that I could get my critter a friend to keep him company while I'm at work or travelling, but my cat is a jealous and vengeful cat. His interactions with other felines have generally not ended well.

Dance Ads