Whining Thread #2

fascination

Site Moderator
Staff member
sigh....ya know...whenever I want to go on a rant, I try to remind myself that I can be pretty rant inducing...I think it helps me to maintain humility sufficient to have a higher level of tolerance for others...but, everyone has their limits...I try also to distinguish between those whose disrespect is unintentional, and those who very deliberately do not heed reasonable social norms and/or formal guidelines

Hedwaite

Deer in abundance on roads at night makes for scary back-from-teaching driving. I can remember growing up, it was one of those ooh-ah rarities to see a deer slinking out from the corner of the woods at dusk. Now, they flip you off and don't even drop their cellphones when you won't get out of their road.

cornutt

Deer in abundance on roads at night makes for scary back-from-teaching driving. I can remember growing up, it was one of those ooh-ah rarities to see a deer slinking out from the corner of the woods at dusk. Now, they flip you off and don't even drop their cellphones when you won't get out of their road.
They are all over the place around our house, and humans don't spook them much. I keep telling a friend of mine who hunts that he needs to come up to my house: "You can sit on the deck and take pot shots at them while you watch football!"

Hedwaite

I'm all for saving fluffy animals, but when they throw themselves at cars and then they don't stick around to pay for the headlight and front end damage, well in the words of Cee-lo...

got a new hard drive; it came with an adaptar socket for a two pin device; only it won't go into to the plug and I cant undo the plug because it has tiny screws with 3 slots (unlike posi-drive which has four)
the like of which I have never seen before.....fail...

fascination

Site Moderator
Staff member
hmmmph...ya know, I don't whine .....at least it is exceedingly rare...but I have had it to the brim with the following;

people who, before they even ask why something is the way it is, begin a a daily litany of kvetching and moaning about others because things aren't going according to their exact preferences and who are heedless of the sort of disrespect that it shows for others who have the misfortune of being in their presence...and for how their very presence adds a toxicity and ugliness to every space they inhabit.....up. to. here. with it....seriously, eat some chocolate, have some alone time with your mate, go cry on your pillow, but kindly try not to pollute every venue you frequent...or stay home...

also, there will always be someone younger, more talented, wealthier, smarter, whatever, than you...deal with it...don't try to co-opt me because you don't want to be shallow alone...and don't try to hurt me or manipulate me if I don't seem to join you in it.....granted, you managed the hurting part...but not the manipulation...not going to happen

Lioness

Made a flight booking for sibling...put the 11th in...swear it said the 11th when I checked. Itinerary comes in as the 10th.

$60 flight change fee, plus $35 to ring the customer service centre and change it though them.

That's more than the flight cost. Seriously.

mindputtee

Made a flight booking for sibling...put the 11th in...swear it said the 11th when I checked. Itinerary comes in as the 10th.

$60 flight change fee, plus $35 to ring the customer service centre and change it though them.

That's more than the flight cost. Seriously.
So why not just buy another one way ticket?

Hedwaite

Photos on facebook. Why do they have to be so huge they take up the whole screen? That, and why can't people just SAY things anymore that aren't stolen from someone else? I'm glad there are browser add-ons (social fixer, etc.) but sometimes they filter inadvertently things I want to see. First-world nerd problems, I guess, but I always hate when someone shows up to a party with a stack an inch and a half thick of photos from their vacation, and it's the same thing in every one: Two people grinning in front of this backdrop that's already been photographed and postcarded, usually holding up drinks to prove they're losing braincells while not at home. More awkward was when one guy handed me some from his and his new wife's honeymoon in Mexico, and we were looking at overused monument, ocean, hotel, boobs, over- wait, what? I don't know if he'd done it on purpose or not, but there were like twenty shots taken of another tourist (most likely unbeknownst to her) with her top off reading a Kindle, standing up to point at something, etc. And no, it wasn't his new wife, either.

sbrnsmith

Photos on facebook. Why do they have to be so huge they take up the whole screen? That, and why can't people just SAY things anymore that aren't stolen from someone else? I'm glad there are browser add-ons (social fixer, etc.) but sometimes they filter inadvertently things I want to see. First-world nerd problems, I guess, but I always hate when someone shows up to a party with a stack an inch and a half thick of photos from their vacation, and it's the same thing in every one: Two people grinning in front of this backdrop that's already been photographed and postcarded, usually holding up drinks to prove they're losing braincells while not at home. More awkward was when one guy handed me some from his and his new wife's honeymoon in Mexico, and we were looking at overused monument, ocean, hotel, boobs, over- wait, what? I don't know if he'd done it on purpose or not, but there were like twenty shots taken of another tourist (most likely unbeknownst to her) with her top off reading a Kindle, standing up to point at something, etc. And no, it wasn't his new wife, either.
I hate it too when people show up with a stack of vacation pictures!

sbrnsmith

Whine- when I lose 10 minutes of my dance class because the person in front of me is talking to the instructor and won't shut up and won't leave. It doesn't happen often, but very annoying when it does. Once I lost about 15 minutes from my class because the student before me would not leave. Has this happened to anyone else? How do you handle it if it does happen?

Dance Ads