Whining Thread #2

Lioness

Took me 2 hours to make a 50 minute bike ride, uphill. I had to walk almost half the time.

My legs are sore, my butt is sore, and I think my ego is the worst of all.

But hey...only up from here, right?

(And next time I move house it will not be to somewhere at the top of a huge hill!)

dancelvr

I know that you are of the generation that has difficulty grasping this but, you DON'T have to answer it :)
I work 10 hour shifts with NO dinner break. We all eat at our desks, and if the phone rings, or the radio goes off while we are eating, work takes priority. I can't even count the number of cold meals I've consumed over the last 12 years.

As for personal calls....I don't take them at work (except in an emergency), and screen all my calls at home.

Joe

Took me 2 hours to make a 50 minute bike ride, uphill. I had to walk almost half the time.

My legs are sore, my butt is sore, and I think my ego is the worst of all.

But hey...only up from here, right?

(And next time I move house it will not be to somewhere at the top of a huge hill!)
Hey, you got to ride downhill when you started! Pay me now, or pay me later!

Hedwaite

How hard is it to answer with a simple ETA? I can't stand people who can't take the ten seconds required to type "Be there at X:XX" from their "soooo hectic" schedules. Simple little things like courtesy and respect seem to be so lost on so many people. Of course, these are the same jerks you have to tell "we're leaving at 3:30" when you're really leaving at 4, just so they don't hold everyone up.

NURDRMS

Can't sleep because worried about upcoming surgery to repair hamstring. Weird set of emotions. Obviously frustration that I hurt myself this badly and will require so much recovery time. Impatience that I can't have surgery THIS MINUTE so the recovery process can just get started/over with. Fear at the pain that's going to be involved. But, oddly, I think a little grief, too. Not sure about what - my former invincibility? Strange.

Lioness

And last complaint for the night...

Worked at a different store...had no fewer than 5 customers exclaim "oh wow! A female!"

I get that they're trying to be nice...but female is an adjective. I am a woman, or a female cashier. I am not a female. That word just grates on me because of the objectifying context it's often used in. Also, I shouldn't be enough of a big deal that you need to comment on it to my face. That leaves me in a position of "yeah...so I am...what do you want me to say now??"

Also some super bigoted customers. "you know if they pay people more, prices will just keep rising"...obviously from someone who's never been poor, complaining to someone who until just recently was making under minimum wage. Nope. And then I ask if you want your receipt, and your answer is "only if I'm in Mexico". A simple "no thanks" would've done quite well there.

Ugh.

Lioness

Originally I said I'd grow it another 6 inches beyond where it's at now (just past tops of shoulders), but I'm hating it. Dance is pretty much the only reason I'm keeping it long.

Something like this.

image.jpg

Last edited:

fascination

Site Moderator
Staff member
just learned that dh's firm is making significant cutbacks...not whining for me because, even though it is going to dramatically impact my dancing, I have had it better over thhe past several years than most people ever dream will be possible, but the budget tightening for him is stressful and discouraging and we still have tuitions and a wedding...but we are still very fortunate.....

Dance Ads