Whining Thread #2

Hedwaite

Whine of the day:
I have two whole crappy overseas dresses that I never use- but they're in great shape and I want to keep them that way. Everyone's always trying to 'borrow' these gowns for their weekends here and there. I always say "Sure, for $50, and a cleaning," and they look at me like I'm trying to rob them. If you can afford to compete or take a cruise to Greece, you can buy your own crappy dress.

nikkitta

People who think the YIELD sign means "I'm gonna pretend I don't see you and nearly ram into you even though you have the right of way."

Every. Stinking. Day. I almost wish there was a stop sign there, because then *maybe* people would at least slow down and LOOK.

mindputtee

Whine of the day:
I have two whole crappy overseas dresses that I never use- but they're in great shape and I want to keep them that way. Everyone's always trying to 'borrow' these gowns for their weekends here and there. I always say "Sure, for $50, and a cleaning," and they look at me like I'm trying to rob them. If you can afford to compete or take a cruise to Greece, you can buy your own crappy dress.
I get lots of people asking to borrow my dresses too. Just because I made it doesn't mean I didn't spend loads of money on it and don't expect some return on that investment, whether monetary or otherwise.

Hedwaite

Misleading advertising, unintentional or otherwise. If your event does NOT have ballroom, salsa, and so forth specifically involved, please don't list that it does on your website and media.

Hedwaite

For those keeping tabs, this is a cosmetic complaint, not a non-dancesport complaint:-D

I guess I'm the only human female on the planet who just can't properly apply pressed or loose powder eye-shadow with any success, even after watching youtube video tutorials.

dancelvr

First lesson today in 7 weeks, and my arthritis decides to raise its ugly head after years of no symptoms! Grrr......time to go back to my acupuncture treatments.

FancyFeet

Where the *&@# did I put the E6000 I bought? Sew-on stones are done (for now), and I was all ready to stone for a bit before leaving for the studio, but I have apparently put the glue tube someplace so safe it will never be found again. I hate it when I do that.

Now I have to buy more, have wasted a half hour ripping my house apart, and may have to give in and do something productive, like *shudder* clean the kitchen!

Lioness

Just screwed up a mystery shopper report. Didn't have my name badge on, didn't upsell her coffee size, and didn't ask of she wanted a receipt. Feel so silly because I recognised her right after I said "is that a small coffee?" (Because, for real, who asks for a large weak coffee? If you're going low caffeine you don't want a bigger drink...), so I couldn't change it without sounding weird.

Receipt is my own damn fault. Started in a hurry and forgot to put my badge on :-(

cornutt

As usual, I've been having to work for four hours on activating a DVR with Comcast. After two service calls, I thought I had everything working, but then DW tried the on-demand and got an error. So now they are taking it through the entire activation and download process again. Another 45 minutes.

Dance Ads