Whining Thread #2

Lioness

BF says "Before I lived with [housemate] I had no idea you could passive aggressively clean a room. Like, she cleans, and all your stuff just ends up in a pile, like it's got no right to be just sitting on her bench"

...yup. That's pretty much it.

Cal

If I say that I don't want ice with my drink, I really mean that. No ice. Yes, I understand that I am the only person in the United States and possibly the entirety of North America who does not want ice in my drink. I'll even tolerate it if you spend five minutes telling me how peculiar it is that I don't want ice, and that I can't possibly drink something that isn't chock-a-block with ice and that you haven't "ever heard of such a thing." But it still means that I don't want any ice. No ice. And if you go and put ice in my drink anyway, don't look shocked that I ask for a replacement drink that does not have ice in it. Is it really THAT complicated to serve a drink without ice?

fascination

Site Moderator
Staff member
If I say that I don't want ice with my drink, I really mean that. No ice. Yes, I understand that I am the only person in the United States and possibly the entirety of North America who does not want ice in my drink. I'll even tolerate it if you spend five minutes telling me how peculiar it is that I don't want ice, and that I can't possibly drink something that isn't chock-a-block with ice and that you haven't "ever heard of such a thing." But it still means that I don't want any ice. No ice. And if you go and put ice in my drink anyway, don't look shocked that I ask for a replacement drink that does not have ice in it. Is it really THAT complicated to serve a drink without ice?
with an adult beverage, I have been know to say: "look I am not trying to cheat you out of the cost of your drink as figured with an entire glass full of ice...I will happily pay you for TWO drinks if you will kindly bring me a drink without ice"....it always blows my mind when I order a margarita that come with a shaker full of ice, a glass gull of ice and about two ounces of liquid....because here is the thing....I don't want to have to ask for another drink every 2 1/2 minutes...but I gragle with more liquid than comes with some of these drinks....and I truly feel the same way about iced tea...particularly if the service is crappy because I don't want to have to order 2 at a time or be PO-ed because I have to wait

fascination

Site Moderator
Staff member
or, it may have nothing to do with you at all...you have no idea what her other relationships are like....I had a friend accuse me of that...and I have never been passive aggressive a day in my life...agressive aggressive yes...but not passive aggressive...I told her to go to hell...so, don't assume....if it is bothering you ASK...but don't assume

sbrnsmith

or, it may have nothing to do with you at all...you have no idea what her other relationships are like....I had a friend accuse me of that...and I have never been passive aggressive a day in my life...agressive aggressive yes...but not passive aggressive...I told her to go to hell...so, don't assume....if it is bothering you ASK...but don't assume
Oh yes it had everything to do with me...I asked. The sad thing is all she had to do was talk to me directly, not insinuate something behind my back. The good thing is, as I get older, I am better at reassessing friendships/ relationships, and less willing to put up with stuff

fascination

Site Moderator
Staff member
to be fair, she didn't insinuate it behind your back, but she obviously lacked the courage to say it to you directly...shrug...there are worse faults....but yes, I think as we all age, those of us who are wise learn to rapidly dispatch with less than desirable contacts....I have a whopping 80 something friends...if I am no longer in contact with someone, or there is anything toxic going on or we simply have no further need to interact, I will likely pare them down....not out of malice but because life is short and I like to keep it real and to keep my circle small

Dance Ads