Whining Thread #2

dancelvr

Why on earth would a cat go into her special-made, warm kitty condo with its own heat source, when she can sit under my window and sound like a (very loud) baby pterodactyl?
And, why on earth would my kitties, who wrangle over the two small cat beds I had near the wood stove, turn their collective noses up at the HUGE (like for a big dog) fluffy, soft pillow bed I bought, so they all could lay by the warmth of the stove? Furry little ingrates....

fascination

Site Moderator
Staff member
an actual whine...yes, that's right...mark the moment...I overdid it again...I am terribly stupid...I worked out too hard, but this time I was doing new things that my body is not accustomed to...so I have come close to entirely ruining myself, all of which is made barely tolerble because I think I am also now experiencing the first wave of the diabolical stomach virus that dh had this weekend....this does not bode well for going to hot yoga....which I need and am probably still stupid enough to try to do even though I could have a pretty bad consequence for trying...and worse, I don't want to miss work the next few days because I am goingto see "the adorable one" next week....and hell will freeze before I miss that ...I will drive and barf if neccessary to get however many days fever free that fate will allow....I am an idiot...I guess that at least I should have itdone and gone by the weekend ....right?

sbrnsmith

Not enough practice for my showcase and now working....so hoping 2 more sessions next week before the actual showcase will be enough....on the plus side...lots of friends coming to cheer me on, so excited about that!

Hedwaite

I hate cameras. Traditionally, my kind don't show up on film or in mirrors (and it's for the best), but I had to for our upcoming It's A Dance! It's For Charity! Mostly Just Drunk Rich People! event. Don't look into the camera. Don't look into the c- gosh darnit!. I sound like the local trailer park landlord recounting That Thar Tornady What Come Through An' Tuck Mah Dawg Up. So long as they got BOTH chins in focus, we're good, I guess. Ugh. Barf.

Lioness

Dude I'm training has never used a mop before. The whole concept of a squeeze bucket and mop is quite literally foreign to him.

Of all the things I thought I'd have to teach...

Lioness

And the second-most new guy is ticking me off.

He's almost always late. Usually it's just 5-10 minutes...annoying, but doesn't hugely inconvenience me. Recently he's starting being 30+ minutes late with no warning. The first time I wasn't due to leave, so I gave him 30 minutes and then called him "oh yeah I'll be there soon". 25 minutes later he arrives...no apology. Didn't explain that he's slept in or anything...he sounded like he knew he was going to be almost an hour late and didn't feel like calling.

This morning he messed up his roster...thought he started half an hour later than he actually did. Whatever. Stuff happens. I called him to see where he was. But then he arrived 10 minutes after he was due to start. 40 minutes late in total, and I had to go home. I called him half an hour before he arrived, and he lives 10 minutes away. Not cool.

On top of all that, he parks in the managers carpark, just because. The manager parks his car in this one spot because it's the only one his car fits in. His car is huge. Crappy coworker parks there just because he can, preventing the manager from being able to park there.

It just all seems very entitled...he doesn't like it when I give him a small lost of stuff to do when he takes over a shift an hour earlier than usual...because I'm a woman and why would he listen to me? He doesn't call when he's late because he doesn't think it's an issue...he just gets on my nerves.

JudeMorrigan

Do y'all have a really hard time hiring people? Or are there labor laws that make it hard to get rid of people? Because it sounds like that dude is seriously asking for a "yeah, I'm sorry, but it's just not working out" from your management.

JudeMorrigan

God, I despise cha-cha. Or dancing it, at least. I'll admit that there's probably no other dance that I enjoy watching more than genuinely well-done cha. That said, I will be very, very happy when I hang up my Latin shoes after Nationals for what I dearly hope will be the last time.

On a not entirely unrelated whine, dagnabit, I'm out of scotch. I don't actually drink all that much, but there needs to be at least some form of whiskey in my cupboard.

Lioness

Do y'all have a really hard time hiring people? Or are there labor laws that make it hard to get rid of people? Because it sounds like that dude is seriously asking for a "yeah, I'm sorry, but it's just not working out" from your management.
I left a note for the manager...he'll get a talking to and maybe an official warning. 3 warnings and he's gone.

Because I'm the only person there in the mornings when he comes in, it's up to me to let the manager know or not. Today was the last straw.

But there are also labor laws...unfair dismissal etc. it's good but otoh makes it hard to fire a bad worker who isn't doing anything wrong but being bad at their job. That's why we have the three strikes policy though.

Lioness

So many people are asking "oh but does your boyfriend like/approve of you colouring your hair"

I don't give a flying toss what he thinks...it's my body. He'd prefer me blonde and we all know that's never going to happen. Regardless, the first thing you think when seeing someone's grooming choice should not be "does your boyfriend say it's ok".

Dance Ads