Whining Thread #2

dancelvr

My Mom used to spend hours at the ironing board when I was a kid. We didn't have a clothes dryer, so everything came off the line wrinkled. Thank goodness for dryers and modern fabrics.

I just went buck wild buying non iron slacks today, so I'm not one to throw stones. But there's still a difference between "I hate ironing so I don't do it" and "how do I turn this thing on? And, like, what do I do once it's on???"

Fun story: my aunt used to iron my uncle's underwear...thankfully she has better things to do with her time now.

mindputtee

As for the ad, that is terrible... I really at the quality of dresses to begin with, but that just puts the last nail in the coffin for me and David's Bridal.
I can't say anything about their practices, but my sister got a beautiful dress off the rack for $99 and it didn't need any alterations (besides the bustle, which we put in ourselves) and she was perfectly happy with it.

cornutt

You must be a Fed contractor. Sounds like the billable hours a buddy has to make up for DC being wankers.
Yep, that's exactly what the problem is. Idiots knew months ago that we were approaching our task order ceiling. The PM we work for did everything to get attention on the issue, but it didn't help. Next month it's going to happen to another contractor.

I hate it when I spontaneously wake up at like 4am, wide enough awake that I seriously consider just going ahead and getting up. And then I convince my body to go back to sleep only to have it pretty much scream in protest when my alarm goes off an hour later. Stupid body.

mindputtee

I hate it when I spontaneously wake up at like 4am, wide enough awake that I seriously consider just going ahead and getting up. And then I convince my body to go back to sleep only to have it pretty much scream in protest when my alarm goes off an hour later. Stupid body.
I hate that. I woke up at 2 am, 4 am, and then with my alarm at 5 am. Snoozed for 15 minutes then and turned off my alarm intending to get up. Closed my eyes for just a second and all of a sudden it was 5:40 am. On the plus side, the jolt of panic as I think I've totally overslept really woke me up, but still not a good morning.

Hedwaite

One week away, and partner still hasn't found his dancewear for The Giant Fundraiser. His partner has a gorgeous, sparkling smooth gown, and he's going to have to cobble together black pants, black shirt, and a vest with a red tie. I hate living in the middle of nowhere as far as dancing supplies/dancewear/etc. goes, and we can't afford some of the bigger names to "just order it".

raindance

One week away, and partner still hasn't found his dancewear for The Giant Fundraiser. His partner has a gorgeous, sparkling smooth gown, and he's going to have to cobble together black pants, black shirt, and a vest with a red tie. I hate living in the middle of nowhere as far as dancing supplies/dancewear/etc. goes, and we can't afford some of the bigger names to "just order it".
If there is another guy around that feeling generous and is approximately his size, maybe he can "just borrow it". Everything but the red tie is pretty standard dance apparel.

I know your pain. I went most of college with shoes held together by E6000 and that were only kept black by a constant reapplication of shoe polish.

I just start lifting again, and I'm soooooo weak. Can't believe I'm actually sore after the set I did yesterday.

Hedwaite

I think this might be my oldest horse's last good year. He's going to be 24 this week, and he's already showing signs of weight loss, stiff achiness, and depression. I'm not one of those people to drag out something's life just so I don't feel guilty about an irreversible decision, but I'll be branded something very awful no matter when this happens.

Dance Ads