Whining Thread #2

Lioness

Either way, it looks like we're leaving. Don't want to deal with the PITA that is this real estate agent.

And more dramas, housemate has horses, and has to visit the stables twice a day. She has to stay in the outer north eastern suburbs...still 40-60 minutes drive from everything I do - dance, work, next year's uni. And BF wants to keep the household together for affordability reasons and friends. Just seems like I'm the one doing all the compromising here. If I suggest inner west BF says "I'll have to drive 20 minutes to work!!"...like he doesn't already do that now. Other housemate wants to stay close to his mum because he's 25 and she still does his washing.

Ugh.

stash

Either way, it looks like we're leaving. Don't want to deal with the PITA that is this real estate agent.

And more dramas, housemate has horses, and has to visit the stables twice a day. She has to stay in the outer north eastern suburbs...still 40-60 minutes drive from everything I do - dance, work, next year's uni. And BF wants to keep the household together for affordability reasons and friends. Just seems like I'm the one doing all the compromising here. If I suggest inner west BF says "I'll have to drive 20 minutes to work!!"...like he doesn't already do that now. Other housemate wants to stay close to his mum because he's 25 and she still does his washing.

Ugh.
20 minutes is nothing. My fiancè has a 1hr commute everyday into work, for an 8mi (12ish km) drive.

Lioness

Eh. 20 minutes is what he drives now...he whines "buuuut peak hour traffic". When you start work at 5am and finish at 12? I don't think so.

But it turns out that housemate with horses may be moving in with her parents to save up for a house, so maybe all our issues are not a problem and we can move wherever.

FancyFeet

Carrying a whine over from the food journal thread:

I am getting really tired of everyone around me monitoring my food intake. Half the camp is worried that I'm getting too thin, and the other half seems to be applying their own bizzare relationship rules with food to what/when I eat. I feel like it comes up in discussion every single day, and has for about 6 weeks. I'm starting to develop a complex, especially around the studio, when it comes to eating. Not good.

I am in the healthy range for my weight. I have dropped several inches lately, but the last time I checked, total weight loss was only about 4lbs. I eat well, and often. This means mostly fruits, veggies, lean meats, dairy, whole grains... in 5 meals a day, totalling roughly 2500 calories (some days a fair bit more if I'm especially active, some days less). My daily calorie allowance means that if I want to eat a cookie, I have a cookie. As long as 80%+ of the stuff I take in is from the "healthy" camp, I'm happy.

I think this makes me someone with a reasonable, healthy, normal approach to food. To those who really have to watch what they eat, I'm sorry that my metabolism is a good one, but I am not going to hide the fact that I eat or manage to make it through 3+ hours of dance without a snack. To those who are convinced there is a medical issue, as "no one should eat that much and be dropping inches", well, see metabolism comment above. Things have been checked, and everything's fine. I guess dancing 15-20 hours a week makes some impact.

And that was a long whine. Guess it's been building :)

Hedwaite

Glad this is a short teaching week. I have no voice. Since it's performance-time at home studio, the floor is chaos, and some really rude people crank up their music, either on portable players, or just on their phones, "so as not to bother our class"- so we still have to scream to be heard. That's okay, nobody likes Bust Your Windows cranked loud enough to rattle the windows for level one tango. They cleared out pretty quickly. I don't think when I die people will honestly be able to say "But she was such a nice person..."

Glad this is a short teaching week. I have no voice. Since it's performance-time at home studio, the floor is chaos, and some really rude people crank up their music, either on portable players, or just on their phones, "so as not to bother our class"- so we still have to scream to be heard. That's okay, nobody likes Bust Your Windows cranked loud enough to rattle the windows for level one tango. They cleared out pretty quickly. I don't think when I die people will honestly be able to say "But she was such a nice person..."
Without knowing the floor setup, I can't believe someone would actually play music so they could practice at the same time as a group class. For Pete's sake, at least use bluetooth headphones!

In other news, why does work never end? There's so. Much. Of. It!

Lioness

Why are there whole shops dedicated to men's business fashion yet I have to go to 15 shops to find a collared shirt.

And then I find it it does the buttonhole gape and is too big at the waist. Argh.

Hedwaite

We had the problem of finding partner dancewear- no such thing as formalwear in stores anymore (except for the obvious and over-priced specialty shops), because it's now some kind of a crime to dress up to go out anywhere. He found a vest on ebay, which I hope fits, as we have three days to go.

Purr

Small whine today...I am feeling bad about myself...yesterday afteroon I went to look at ballgowns for an upcoming event...I didn't find anything...I'm tall and full figured (read: hourglass), and finding clothes, even everyday clothes, can be a challenge...this is why I don't like trying on ballgowns from vendors at competitions because I end up feeling miserable about myself...I like dancing and doing dance events, but finding appropriate, attractive attire is a challenge...sometimes I think the answer is to quit doing dance events...solves the whole problem...rant over, I'm having a cup of chai tea now to calm down...thank you for listening...

Purr

Yes, there's nothing like trying on ballgowns to make you feel fat and unattractive. And just because I'm not slender or petite doesn't mean I want to be stuck in an ugly dress.

For what I have going on now, I'm going to wear a dress I already own (it's pretty and it fits me). I'll revisit this issue again in a couple of months when/if more dance events come up.

Dance Ads