Whining Thread #2

Hedwaite

Ugh, timely. I'm down to one GOOD pair of black dance pants, and two "meh" pair. Of course, I wear things forever and ever, so by the time I try to replace them, they no longer make that style, or it's no longer that price.

stash

I seriously need to stop looking at houses for rent. Found a dream house to rent now. But my fiancé's lease isn't up until August. Shm. I know it won't be on the market that long. :(

Joe

International shipping is irritatingly expensive. I mean, rationally I know it's actually pretty remarkable that I can have something delivered to the other side of the Atlantic in a matter of days. But it's still yet another reason to shop domestically the next time I make a major dancewear purchase.
Back and forth with Brackley's?

Back and forth with Brackley's?
Indeed, although hopefully this'll be the last time. I will say that things are looking better than the last time I groused about it. After looking over the pictures I sent them, they were more willing to do some of the more significant alterations that I'd hoped for.

Lioness

Had my mind made up that I was going to sell my piano. Will save me moving it to the new house and trying to find space for it. I haven't played it in 8 months and I'm way out of practise.

OTOH I just played it and I think I've fallen in love with it all over again. I don't know what to do. If I keep it I could maybe make some money by doing kids lessons, but it's $150 to move it and I'd only be able to keep it in a ground floor room with a huge window/door, next to an ensuite and the laundry.

Also, when the hell did BF decide that bluegrass was a good music to fall asleep to. Whyyyyyy.

Lioness

Trying not to be cranky that housemate was playing with sparklers inside last night and they burnt holes in BFs nice rug.

But I'm sure as he'll not happy about it.

cornutt

OTOH I just played it and I think I've fallen in love with it all over again. I don't know what to do. If I keep it I could maybe make some money by doing kids lessons, but it's $150 to move it and I'd only be able to keep it in a ground floor room with a huge window/door, next to an ensuite and the laundry.
How about a digital piano? Or maybe a piano plug-in for your computer and an 88-key controller?

Lioness

How about a digital piano? Or maybe a piano plug-in for your computer and an 88-key controller?
Ehhhhhhhhh. I'll just wait until I'm rich and buy a lovely new upright to go in my lovely new house.

I think I've found a buyer for my piano...and realistically even if I only sell it for $150, that's $300 more I'll have in my pocket because I won't have to move it to the new place. And I just bought a new camera lens, so extra money is pretty helpful.

Lioness

Trying not to be cranky that housemate was playing with sparklers inside last night and they burnt holes in BFs nice rug.

But I'm sure as he'll not happy about it.
Oh boy. Told BF. Rug is not his...it belongs to the house. Housemate just damaged a $1400 rug the week before we are due to move out and it is all gonna be coming from his part of the bond. And then some.

FancyFeet

Woken up two nights in a row by a phone call from the same dancer. And calls for no real reason - both of which I let go to voicemail. Saturday I can kind of see (it was only 10:45, and early to be in bed on a weekend), but last night it was almost 1am. And now I'm tired.

I block texts and e-mail notifications overnight on my phone, but leave calls active for emergencies... but now I need to figure out how to block this person for calls too.

mindputtee

I don't know what kind of phone you have, but iPhones have a "do not disturb" option which will silence all notifications, including calls. You can personalize the settings too so that if they call back a second time it will actually ring (like if it were a real emergency) or you can set it so favorites get through the screen always. Androids also has smart actions which will let you do similar things, though I don't remember the specifics.

stash

Soo much work to do and not enough time :( I can't wait to get out of uni.... Not only does this mean more time, it also means more money, which equals access to better modes of transportation.

Hedwaite

FF- there are several apps that I use. My pantech flex has a stock blocking capability on a per-address-book-entry basis. It'll send that person's calls directly to voicemail and you'll get a ding, but the texts are silent alerts. Another option is another app:

Call Control by EveryCall.US (Kedlin Company) is free in google play (or pro, but the free version works fine). You can send the call to voicemail and it's silent, you can block texts silently, too. The options are customizeable, and it also has a black/white list for known spammers/always-allows, you can report harassing calls to the "community" network of users to see if it's a common spambot number, and you can keep a log of your missed calls and texts to check out later.

Advanced Mobile Care by IObit Inc is foremostly a malware/antivirus for Android, but it also has anti-theft, app manager, and of relevance, a call/SMS blocker as well. I use both of these for their various features.

I have 'privacy mode' or "DND" mode on several apps, but I don't like how it mutes all my incomings. I normally have ONE idiot who bothers me, so that's what I focus on.

dancelvr

I got a present in the mail today. A jury summons! Argh. I wouldn't mind at all doing my civic duty if I didn't think it had the potential to lose me a chunk of my paycheck. I don't know how that works. That, and the idea of having to be up at the crack of dawn for two weeks if I get picked for a jury. Working the swing shift for 12 years has turned me into a total night owl. Ah well.

Dance Ads