Who Have You Dance Swing With?

Same.

I find that at the beginning stages it's a thrill to dance with pros whenever you get the chance. But the longer you've been in the scene and the better you get, the less of a big deal it seems.

There's also a difference in "I danced with a pro" and having it been a one-time thing vs. dancing regularly with friends who happen to be a pro. When that's the case you stop thinking of them in terms of a name to add to a list.
True true! Totally.
(I realized last night I was wrong, since I updated this, Ben Mchenry & Robert Cordoba. lol.)

by the way, my salsa teacher was at the same dance that you were (she had business in the Baltimore area) and mentioned to me that she saw Bill Cameron but was too intimidated to dance with him. So kudos to you! :D
Ohh, what's your teacher look like?

Bill asked me to dance. :banana: LOL! I would never have asked him.

etp777

Jackie Josephs, at first event I ever danced in public (one of our closed regional comps).

Haven't danced with her since then, though I see her all the time. Dance with all the other pros in our area, but as mentioned, t means less since they're all friends, dont' really see them as a pro.

*Raises Hand* Bill Cameron is probably one of my top people to dance with ever! j'adore him.
Apparently I havn't seen you in ages - French?

Bill is a lot of fun to dance with - out of all the pros, I was least intimadated to dance with him the first time around - then again I had no clue who he was!

It's funny how after a long time in the scene you can still be intimidated. Most recently (SNE), in the wee hours of the morning, Robert Cordoba told me I should ask Deborah S. to dance. Now, I've know them both for about two years now, like Bill is up there on chandra's list, Robert is up there on mine. But Deborah has always scared me (for lack of a better word) - she's very intense in her personality in a way I find overwhelming. I don't mean that as a bad thing by any means - she's been nothing but nice to me. But she can be awe-inspiring to a point where I'm afraid to say anything when around her.

So Robert told her I was afraid to ask her to dance - which made the situation weirder. Granted that was my own insecurities. I had a very nice time dancing with her, and she even gave me a tip afterwards - but I'll still find her intimidating!

hehe, yes, its been too long C. Are you going to anything in cali anytime soon? Swingdiego again?

Ive really enjoyed getting to know Bill a little bit more this last year, and dancing with him at events! He always brings the party to late night dancing :D, flip flops and all. Plus I think he was the first champion - high level pro to ask me to dance before I asked him to dance. That makes him pretty cool in my book ;). (err, actually, that was angel figerouagh, but that doesnt count.)

I would be intimidated as heck to dance with Deborah too, for the same reasons! luv dancing with Robert - such a different connection, so... almost airy.

And Jenny - I spent many events either hiding in a corner, or just every once and awhile venturing out to ask these pros to dance, before they EVER asked me to dance. Ive found that smaller local events tend to provide a better setting to ask these guys to dance, because the chances are they arent being as bombarded by as many requests to dance, and they dont have as many other options of champ girls to dance with.
Ive been lucky like that in the MW ;)

etp77, do I know you? If your a chicagoan, and a westie, garaunteed I know you.

Do you ever go to Xdance or Rebels or SOS or Vickis on weds? Were you at chicagoland or swingcity chicago?

etp777

Yes I'm a Chicagoan, but I'm not a westie. Or rather, was a Chicagoan, taking a year in Kuwait because it will let me pay off all my debt (and hence, afford more dancing). :)

Had Just started to do a little WCS with my ballroom pro (or rather, with her brother in a group class) before I left, just enough to get down what they teacdh as basic.

Give me a year, and you may see me at those places. :)

Hi, johnbeat here. I am a new member of this forum.

I have danced with Tatiana, Deborah at Southport Jive Addiction in England and Tammy Brown when I was over in San Francisco for Boogie by the Bay

hehe, yes, its been too long C. Are you going to anything in cali anytime soon? Swingdiego again?

Ive really enjoyed getting to know Bill a little bit more this last year, and dancing with him at events! He always brings the party to late night dancing :D, flip flops and all. Plus I think he was the first champion - high level pro to ask me to dance before I asked him to dance. That makes him pretty cool in my book ;). (err, actually, that was angel figerouagh, but that doesnt count.)
He'll be at the Open, are you going this year?

I'm mostly doing lindy and Festa-style WCS these days, so very few trips to Cali for me - Mostly New England based mixed events and maybe a trip to Canada for the CSDC. I'm going to try to make Showdown if you're going to be in the MN area come September.

Dance Ads