yesterday's activities

j_alexandra

hope you have cds with sambas and cha chas on them...that's how I road trip ;)
iPod. With playlists organized by style of dance. (dancegeekiness revealed) For me, not so much samba as cha cha, rhumba, salsa.

Also a book on tape, which is wonderful for making the miles disappear. My first audible dot com download.

And the xm radio. I need my distractions, b/c I'm bored to tears most of the time, and that's trouble.

Lioness

Yesterday was monday...let's see:

Up at 6
Yelled at sisters at 7 because we had to catch a bus and they weren't ready
Got to school
English
Maths
Japanese
Chem (don't I just love my mondays...not)
Decided I felt sick so called in sick to work
Went to doctors
Practiced piano - did a bit of singing along with it as well
Forumed

3wishes

Spent yesterday thinking about my mother as it was her birthday - although she had passed away on Mother's Day 5 years ago. Sang her happy birthday in my heart (-:. Made a point of calling my out of state daughter and spending time talking to her - about nothing. Which was oh so nice. Went to chiropractor who has this new machine thing like a shoulder collar and it beat the crap of me like a bongo drum with rhythm. Although - as weird as it felt (new machine) my shoulders and back were thanking me for going to him! On the way out, he yelled, stop stretching your neck in Tango - for awhile and you won't have to come in! lol!

fascination

Site Moderator
Staff member
omg today was insane...what day is it?....oh yea tuesday;

df
jacuzzi
tan
burger king breakfast wrap
drive to indy
4 lessons
bk doubl chz burg/onion rings
drive home
rehearsal for the joan of arc Cd
home/wine/salad/df
sleep soon

j_alexandra

Yesterday I:

Drove across half of Iowa
Stopped in antique malls in Des Moines
Drove other half of Iowa
Drove Nebraska to Lincoln, where it started to rain
missed exit for Spouse's fave lunch place (couldn't see in the rain; it rains HARD in Nebraska)
turned around on interstate with construction hell, went to lunch
Drove from Lincoln to Kearney
Knocked off for the day
Arranged to take a lesson in Denver tomorrow night
answered email, updated websited, dfed
and so to bed

j_alexandra

i've had the base unit for sirius in my car for ages -- needs to be installed. i was thinkin' today i will see about getting it installed this week...
I recommend satellite highly. Its Great American Songbook station has been the source of many a foxtrot -- I listen, write down the names of songs I like, go to iTunes, download, practice. Also hustle, salsa, cha cha: dance stuff is everywhere on xm, and no commercials!

Lioness

Tuesday...(I have to actually remember what day it is to remember what I did)

Up at 7
Music
English
English (I love my tuesdays)
Then caught the bus to work. Bus was 15 minutes late and boss was not happy. I can't control public transport, and I ask him to drive a bus full of school kids down a busy road in after school traffic. The road has at least 5 schools on it.
But yeah, then I worked for 5 hours and came home and slept.

fascination

Site Moderator
Staff member
wed...

up at 7:30 planned classes, dfed and had coffee

taught 9am step interval class and 10am zumba

home, df, lunch(lean cuisinex2), nap, planned pm classes

sbux for two iced teas (and a sammich for later)

taught 4pm step I and toning, 5:30 abds, 6:00 step interval

to studio for a rhythm workshop

df,nightcap and breadsticks, bed

j_alexandra

Yesterday, I: drove from Kearney, Nebraska to Sidney, NE, so Spouse could go to Cabela's (what is it with men and Cabela's? mine doesn't even hunt/fish/camp, but he's gotta go to Cabela's)
Drove from Sidney down a back road to Sterling, CO, fighting the hurricane-force wind and enchanted by the tumbleweeds; haven't seen so many tumbleweeds in over 10 years, but they were tumblin' like mad yesterday
Also enchanted by the contrast between irrigated/non-irrigated land; the border is guillotine-sharp, from green/lush to brown/dry instantly
Drove from Sterling to Fort Morgan, CO
Lunch at mom-and-pop diner; Spouse got the chicken fried steak of his dreams (ewww)
Into motel (took 5 attempts to find one suitable)
Carped about windblown grit and the unmistakable scent of eau de feedlot; meh, we're on the high plains, deal with it
Did laundry
dfed
Cup of soup and half a sandwich ordered off the senior menu; would have appreciated it if the waiter had asked me if I were old enough for the senior menu, which I ain't, by a long shot (see if I tip HIM again)
Read a bit
Answered phone calls
Nightcap: Jameson's, rocks
and so to bed

j_alexandra

wed...

up at 7:30 planned classes, dfed and had coffee

taught 9am step interval class and 10am zumba

home, df, lunch(lean cuisinex2), nap, planned pm classes

sbux for two iced teas (and a sammich for later)

taught 4pm step I and toning, 5:30 abds, 6:00 step interval

to studio for a rhythm workshop

df,nightcap and breadsticks, bed
Just curious: where do you get the energy? I'd need to be on crack to do this much in a day.

Dance Ads