yesterday's activities

j_alexandra

Yesterday:

Arrive at house of X to load van, then drive to show in Hartford, CT
Consign 35 items to auctioneer
See a few former colleagues, three of whom I'm actually pleased to see
Ravenous; stop for lunch on the way home
X is on his best behavior, which means I only wish to push him out of the car half the time, rather than ALL the time
Home; plans to go back to Blues Dance crash and burn, as do I
Wake 11pm to sound of loud screaming outside my window; a rabbit is being killed and I can hear the whole thing; deeply distressing

j_alexandra

Yesterday:

Gyro, yay
Lesson, equal parts frustration and bliss
Rolfer, yay
Dinner with visiting cousin and the rest of the fam
Stop at winebar to drop off a scale so my Blond German Friend can weigh her suitcase; she's going to Germany to visit her mother, who has stomach cancer and not much time
Meet a man at winebar who is: local, age-appropriate, smart, funny, cute, a dancer, and engaged; le sigh; however, at least I now know for sure like totally, such things exist

3wishes

Purchased primer/paint gallon from Home Depot. Painted our Bedroom,,,,Azul Tequila -
Cancelled GS#2 dance group as I was still putting things away and needed shower.
Brought GS#2 to house (thank you DH),went swimming and made him dinner.
DH starts picking on me, afterwards, and it wasn't nice....at all. It was mean and quite critical, like an employee evaluation.
We end up in screaming match and I walk out.
Thank God, the kids were across the street.
DH, leaves in car in a huff. Yep, totally normal.
I take kid-lets home....and as I drive all I can think about is....DARN IT...that Tequila paint...should be the real thing....I could use double shot about now. hmmmm hmmmmm she says.

3wishes

up and walk high school track. think about how time has flown withcalifornia grandson. all of 7 and with a big comic side to him!
Head home where dh is running around the house, organizing, sorting, putting away little things and papers.
h attempts conversation, all day.
neighbor ladies come over, neighbor ladies a d i plan attack to capture big ol racoon.
it is mentioned "he is in the dog house, huh?"
yep, they love the paint color we r all inspired!
pizza and cable lrovider to actually set up lap top purchased months ago, and i do not miss cbs channel.
start search for volunteer orga izations to join, read huck finn!

and i do not miss cbs channel.
you will

Thursday
8/7c
Big Bang Theory, TheThe Spoiler Alert Segmentation

8:30/7:30c
Two and a Half MenI Scream When I Pee

8:31/7:31c
Two and a Half MenI Scream When I Pee

9/8c
Big Brother

10/9c
ElementaryLong Fuse, The

Friday
8/7c
Undercover BossOrkin

9/8c
Hawaii Five-0Kanalua (Doubt)

10/9c
Blue BloodsInside Jobs

Saturday
8/7c
NCIS: Los AngelesEndgame

9/8c
48 HoursLIVE TO TELL: HUNTING HUMANS

10/9c
48 HoursTHE PERFECT FAMILY

Sunday
7/6c
60 Minutes

8/7c
Big Brother

9/8c
UnforgettableDay of the Jackie

10/9c
Mentalist, TheBehind the Red Curtain

3wishes

Well, sigh. I suppose Game of Thrones and White Queen will have to suffice! heh heh heh.
Yesterday, TWC installation,,of lap/top wireless - computer I've had in box for 5 months.
He was GREAT! Got rid of all my plugs, wires, stapled the cable to the baseboard, everything is so much CLEANER,,,in the den/child's room.
TWC guy, says at the end of it...do you want your old computer to be wireless?
HUH? WHAT? Really? are you serious?
SURE.
He changes a few things, works his computer genius and WELLA,,,,now I have my old computer -wireless, and the new Dell wireless. TA. DA! who knew!!!!
I could leap for joy, now DH will have his own laptop/wi-fi...and will stop having to wait until I'm done...and go. figure......now DH is using his tablet ALOT..... sigh.
More painting, doors, trim,,,working my way to exercise room and also this den/childs room.
Things are lookin' really good before our long road trip in September.
Banff and Jasper, finishing with Salt Lake City, Vegas and possibly the North Rim of the Grand Canyon.

j_alexandra

Wednesday last:

Lesson; swoon-a-rama
Social dancing: shoot me (actually not necessary as I basically didn't dance at all)

Thursday:

Hair day! Cut and color
Theater; seriously, people produce stuff this bad? eesh

Friday evening; rest of day not worth talking about

To Metropolitan Museum of Art with Blond German Friend; BGF and I sit in the balcony bar, have a couple of cocktails, a couple of small plates, and it only costs the annual budget of Lichtenstein
Wander the museum and see some magnificent art and also the Fashion Institute exhibit, which is trying to convince me that Punk fashion became couture; I hate it less than I expected
Then we go to a gorgeous hotel bar and have gorgeous cocktails and there's a small jazz trio playing, and... BGF and I agree that, as much as we like each other, it's time for both of us to find men to date, b/c this was fun but...

j_alexandra

Saturday (again, evening only as the day is a blur)

Social dancing; the former owner of this studio got married in the afternoon, and he and bride are having a small reception at one end of the studio, while the social dancers foxtrot by; this is a banner night for me in terms of being turned down, I've never ever had so many men say no to me when I asked them to dance; one actually just pursed his lips and shook his head; good thing my ego's not too involved with social dancing; also had some splendid fun with some other leaders, so, all in all, a win
To winebar after, visit with BGF, who works there
Home late but too energized to sleep

fascination

Site Moderator
Staff member
um....well...to summarize; dtr goes to iowa state fair without telling me b/c she is flying....dh invites in-laws over on the weekend (more work)...dh is stressed which impacts me....i work too much and am tired and sore...which affects my dancing...that is really all

Dance Ads