yesterday's activities

Woke up early, then debated getting out of bed (so cold in my room!) for about an hour.
Shower, breakfast (mmmm bacon, but just bacon because I was all out of food)
Take reclining to recycling center, go food shopping
Big Sunday lunch with parents
Try to help my mom set up her fitbit, but she's already lost it.... (we bought it on Friday!)
Make spring break plans with the family
Go home and study- organic chem midterm today, hopefully shouldn't be too bad
Eat dinner - thai
Study
Clean apartment
Study some more
Bedtime! Watch half an episode of Firefly in bed, sleep early because I had an early appointment, which means getting up at 5:45 (ugh).

fascination

Site Moderator
Staff member
sat...staff meeting at 7, teach at 8 and 9...hot yoga at 11, lunch and nap, fundraiser in evening
sun...drive drive drive, lessons, happiness, drive drive drive...sore throat, dinner, orange juice and vodka, bengay...and out

j_alexandra

As memory serves, last Tuesday: Gyro, Lesson, theater
Wednesday:
Last lesson before competition
To work; tough class, too much time, took forever to set up and clean up

Thursday:
Drive to NYC to hotel
Arrive in time to get coffee before working; at this comp, the ballroom is 2 stories and there's a balcony, where the officials do their stuff; I have to climb that staircase probably 150 times a day; glad to have strong legs
Work comp for most of the day
Theater: Glass Menagerie

Friday:
Work competition off and on until 3:30; some dance buddies are dancing, always fun
Drive to hairdresser, or try to; traffic is so totally fubared that I turn around and go back to hotel; meet someone who offers to do my hair and makeup, and set a time
Dinner with dance buddies
Drinks with Teach (Mr. Unsweetened Iced Tea)
Z early; kind of surprising for a comp weekend

j_alexandra

Saturday:
Wake, search for coffee and egg white omelette; get them eventually
Hair and makeup; some disagreement between me and Makeup about my eyes, but we work it out
Am edgy and nervous, Teach is a little displeased, but manages not to show it, even when a heel tip comes off my shoe -- not a heel cover, but the actual tip of the heel -- he gets to whack something, this relaxes him, which relaxes me, we go out and have fun
First set of heats; I take one dance from the local Ballroom Goddess, so this warms my heart all to hell and gone
Second set of heats; another competitor is wearing one of my gowns, I get a kick out of this, even when she places ahead of me in all heats
Long break; try to sleep, try to eat
Makeup and hair tune-up before championship
Dancing in the evening is just plain different
Awards; remove eyelashes immediately following awards; change into civilian clothes and hit the bar, where I remain for the rest of the evening, eventually drinking with both the women who placed ahead of me today; I get a HUGE kick out of this
Z

j_alexandra

Yesterday:

Sleep in, by my standards; 7!
Long slow wakeup and packing and stuff
Coffee and pastry in Greenwich Village, before...
Theater matinee, a piece I liked a lot
Home
Unpack a bit
Din
Z

fascination

Site Moderator
Staff member
slow moving yesterday, flirting with some sort of illness...pay bills, do laundry, pet care, spend some time hunting for lost credit card and taking online ceus for upcoming classes I will be teaching....adding another Y to my list of work places....lunch with friends...practice some new choreo...teach spin and take another class after that...home to make playlists and chat w/dh briefly...out cold feeling pretty sick

fascination

Site Moderator
Staff member
wed...teach three classes....home to do dishes, pet care, and take some ceus on pilates.....hot yoga, then engaged clients...talk with bestie on way home....veal milanese w/capers and wine w/dh....lovely day

ChaChaMama

Saturday--Reasonably productive day. Grocery shopped. Got 12 Blackboard assignments read. Put in a long workout on the treadmill. That night, watched some Olympics.

Sunday--Had hoped we might be able to use this--my last free weekend day for awhile--to do something super fun, but Child has a bit of a cold and low-grade fever, so we had a chill out day at home. I started reading Chang-Rae Lee's Under a Full Sea.

Monday--Work, including 9 ENG 1101 appts (though one person cancelled and one was a no-show, so really 7).
Postcolonial Literature--Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie's Americanah.
Walk on the Wilde Side--Last day of discussion of Queer London.

Tuesday--
9-10--Summer advisement and registration meeting.
10-11:30--First Year Team meeting.
11:30-12:15--Math External Review meeting.
12:30-1:30--Music External Review meeting.
--Prep time.--
2:40-4:10--Guest lectured on dystopias in a class on The Hunger Games.

Wednesday--6 more ENG 1101 appts. (One no-show.)
Postcolonial Literature--Americanah.
Walk on the Wilde Side--E.M. Forster's Maurice.
Took Child to dance. Immediately upon arriving, Child realizes that since she had to stay home from dance Monday and Tuesday, she hasn't been to the studio since Saturday...which means her dance bag is in her Dad's car. I roundtrip and get it for her, because I am nice.

Thursday--Spend the morning knocking many items off the seemingly never ending to-do list.
2-3:30--Double lesson w/Nik.
PM--6 miles on tm.

j_alexandra

Monday:

Brain dead post-competition day
Group class
Dinner in favorite restaurant
Home; z

Tuesday:

Gyro
Lesson; long conversation, some dancing
Gynecologist for annual visit
Home; more brain dead time

j_alexandra

Yesterday:

Stop at store where I work, talk to boss about schedule
Practice at studio; I have so much to learn
HOme; make dinner early, b/c am hungry and tutoring session will be late
Tutoring; today, Global Studies, in which we focus on the Russian Revolution
To winebar to shmooze with Blond German Friend; we discuss ballroom gowns, I have a glass of red
Pick up a salad
Home; salad, read, z

fascination

Site Moderator
Staff member
fri...teach two fitness classes ...home to pay bills, cook dinner for dh, grocery shop...head out to a lovely evening of reviewing a TED talk by Brene Brown with friends and then laughter yoga....then some quiet time with one friend and some good Patron

fascination

Site Moderator
Staff member
doing today now as I do not anticipate anything of consequence beyond this point....teach 2 fitness classes....too tired from late night out last evening to drive to hot yoga ...and the roads seem to be icing....home to tidy the house a bit but then pretty much crash and burn...take a nap and then practice for a while....dh has come down with some sort of stomach virus, so our play date is now off...probably going to be unnproductive the rest of the eve .....as I cannot find the password to take the ceus on yoga and pilates that I have purchased...and I am never very attentive in the evening...

Dance Ads