You Know you are Addicted to Dancing when...

ajiboyet

When your ring tone and morning alarm tone is Matthew Morrison's cover of 'Sway'

When with every musical number in Glee, you start choreographing in your head a Standard or Latin number (Lady Is A Tramp, River Deep Mountain High)

When Bryan Watson or Derek Hough or Malitowski/Leunis is the one on your laptop wallpaper.

Yes, when you realise most of the hymns in church are waltzes.

When you practice salsa shines and ronde chasses under the table WHEREVER you happen to be seated with your feet under a table.

When every time you have to step back and step elsewhere to prevent yourself from bumping into someone you realise you just subconsciously executed a checking action.

When every time the motorcycle sways or jerks, one arm executes the corresponding Latin arm styling action.

When you point your foot just because you're getting off a bus onto a considerably lower sidewalk.

When you execute the arm styling for paso doble bota fogos everytime you get up from a chair you've been sitting in for hours and stretch...

I could go on and on and on...

jjs914

When your lesson gets canceled like mine did tonight so you read all 218 pages of this thread while listening to your latin round playlist on itunes to avoid losing your mind.

By the way, I've been a lurker here for about...3 years. O.O. So...-waves shyly- Hi, it's good to officially meet you all :)
Love this!

And...

Welcome!

j_alexandra

When your lesson gets canceled like mine did tonight so you read all 218 pages of this thread while listening to your latin round playlist on itunes to avoid losing your mind.

By the way, I've been a lurker here for about...3 years. O.O. So...-waves shyly- Hi, it's good to officially meet you all :)
Welcome to DF! And I want you to know I did EXACTLY the same thing -- read 'em all in place of cancelled lesson. You are in the right place.

mindputtee

When the flashing lights of a cop car in the raindrops on the mirror look like rhinestones and all you can think is, ooh I wonder if I could stone my dress like that?

When the flashing lights of a cop car in the raindrops on the mirror look like rhinestones and all you can think is, ooh I wonder if I could stone my dress like that?
Oh God, I do that too! And sometimes when I am not wearing my specs or contacts, the street lights seem to sparkle so much like stones on a costume!

mindputtee

Oh God, I do that too! And sometimes when I am not wearing my specs or contacts, the street lights seem to sparkle so much like stones on a costume!
I know! I've got costume fever right now though. I've been designing/planning a gown I'm going to make and since it's summer I've got nothing else to do. I really need school to start again so that I can go back to normal.

I know! I've got costume fever right now though. I've been designing/planning a gown I'm going to make and since it's summer I've got nothing else to do. I really need school to start again so that I can go back to normal.
Yeah, I guess it just happens to every competitive dancer here! I am now still trying to save up money to get my next batch of Swarovskis...hopefully soon enough! Can't wait to stone this yummy costume that I have in hand, though I'll have to lose like 20-30lbs more to wear it.

mindputtee

Yeah, I guess it just happens to every competitive dancer here! I am now still trying to save up money to get my next batch of Swarovskis...hopefully soon enough! Can't wait to stone this yummy costume that I have in hand, though I'll have to lose like 20-30lbs more to wear it.
I know, I'm looking at buying fabric and stones and it's looking upwards of $500 just for materials. Good thing my mom is a seamstress! Btw, stardanceshop d o t com has the cheapest swarovski's I've found yet.

kckc

1. When you see a small shiny object on the bathroom floor at work and your mind immediately thinks "rhinestone" (just a few days after comp.- very normal reaction, right? )

2. Fascination and her DH appear in your dreams, albeit with short curly hair instead of long straight hair. Yes, this really happened, though the dream, interestingly enough, had nothing to do with dance. (I had just watched her video and she was in my head. Too many D-F visits perhaps? Is there such a thing?).

Dance Ads