You Know you are Addicted to Dancing when...

SDsalsaguy

Administrator
Staff member
#42
Not to fret Sakura... your well wishes and points all made sense in the end!

No, I think my knee is just a 'foot on the break pedal transmiting force of impact up into the knee' type thing. It's a little tender along the rim of the lower inside edge of my kneecap, but otherwise seems fine. My chiropractor (who I just saw an hour ago) says I'm in good shape and should just make it in another time or two this week if I can. I was definately carrying some tension in my mid-upper back and was jammed up a bit there, and my nerve zone was shot because of all the associated stress, but he felt that everything was clearing up well. I may still hit up the health center for some muscle relaxants tomorrow, but I seem to be OK.

As afr as practicing, Janelle and I used to compete together and decided to reprise our old comp routines for our local collegiate comp coming up on March 6. We only started working on this a week and a half ago, so didn't really have any time to spare... aside from that, however, I think that psychologically I needed to be on the floor practicing with her just to help get myself out of shock and to focus on something else aside from the accident (especially as the financial ramifications thereof are going to hit me really hard).

Anyway, thanks again for the concern and the information...

--Jonathan
 
#43
SDsalsaguy said:
I needed to be on the floor practicing with her just to help get myself out of shock and to focus on something else aside from the accident (especially as the financial ramifications thereof are going to hit me really hard).
8) That's exactly what I would have done, SD!
When all else fails........keep dancing :wink: !
 
#44
"You know you're addicted to dancing when... "

- You don't sleep very well because your feet are always moving. And the routines are flying around in your head and WILL NOT go away.

- You teach every family members your routines, even though they aren't that interested.. and are finding it hard to follow.

- You can put a dance move to almost every beat in a song.

- You cannot LISTEN to a song without moving your feet to the beat, and imaging yourself dancing to it on stage.

- Your every dream and desire is about performing.

:)
 
#45
Ha, ha...I've got a new one...the other night I saw a classical pianist play and, despite being awestruck by his talent and the beautiful music, I kept thinking, hmm...what dance could I dance to that and oh, that would be a beautiful waltz and, worsestill, gee I wish I'd learned ballet as a kid! :)
 
#48
crystal clear said:
"You know you're addicted to dancing when... "

- You don't sleep very well because your feet are always moving. And the routines are flying around in your head and WILL NOT go away.

- You teach every family members your routines, even though they aren't that interested.. and are finding it hard to follow.

- You can put a dance move to almost every beat in a song.

- You cannot LISTEN to a song without moving your feet to the beat, and imaging yourself dancing to it on stage.

- Your every dream and desire is about performing.

:)
so true!
 

SDsalsaguy

Administrator
Staff member
#50
peachexploration said:
You wear you "dance" shoes at work just in case you have a quick break to practice. :lol:
Or, in a like vein, you live in your jazz sneakers -- because you can wear them to campus, on the job, walking around socially, etc. -- and *always* be ready to dance! :D
 
#51
SDsalsaguy said:
peachexploration said:
You wear you "dance" shoes at work just in case you have a quick break to practice. :lol:
Or, in a like vein, you live in your jazz sneakers -- because you can wear them to campus, on the job, walking around socially, etc. -- and *always* be ready to dance! :D
:lol: :lol: Guilty of that one too. :p
 
#53
"You know you're addicted to dancing when... "

...You buy a portable mp3 player so that you can have the music for the routines you're working on with you at all times...

...You work on rib isolations and latin motion walking ANYWHERE...down stairs, down the hallway, sitting at your computer desk....

...You get upset when you DON'T have practice....


Just a few off the top of my head.............
 
#54
This is great!


Hmmmmm ok I know Im addicted when....


Im in bed and my feet are working my current cha cha routines, and my fiance tells me off for fluffing the covers about! :oops:

Everytime I go out to buy clothes I wonder "Can I wear that to dancing?" and if I cant it stays in the shop.

I listen for a beat in every song that comes on the radio and wonder which dance could be done to that beat.

Even people I only see once a month know exactly what dance Im doing at the moment in class.

My family and friends know all my teachers names and what styles they teach :oops: :oops: :oops:

I get mad at my daughters singing Bear in the Big blue house because his cha cha song has no cha cha beat!

You practise spins in the shower because you turn easier!

You cant walk from one room to another without incorpirating a few dance steps in (hallways are really good for locks!)


Ok I ll leave it for now......although I could probably muster up a few more heheh
 

Dance Ads