your favorite dance movies

Just wondering if you have any dance movies/documentaries you would consider your favorites? To be honest with you, I dislike most of the movies that features dancing, but ironically, it was a movie that first got me into dancing and inspired me to dance, was Billy Elliot. I was like 7 or 8 when I first saw it and I knew that this is what I wanted to do with my life.

If I had to pick one about ballroom dancing, I would say it would be Strictly Ballroom which was produced in Australia. And then there is no shortage of movies featuring Fred Astaire and his partners that are a great joy to watch.

danceronice

And the thing is, FA was not IMO a handsome man. I wonder if Hollywood would even look at him today.
Today?

Note on an early screen test for Astaire for MGM, who declined to sign him: "Can't act; slightly bald; can dance a little." Even back then he was a hard sell. (Nowdays it would mostly be there's little/no market for a musical performer like Astaire or Kelly. It's easier to dub a voice and train a non-dancer to look good enough.)

And my favorite dance movie is Center Stage.

Dance Ads