Your Favorite Hot Sauce

fascination

Site Moderator
Staff member
sriracha is a beautiful thing as well...for me, cholula is almost exclusively for use on Mexican food, and sriracha is something I prefer for asian and indian dishes...that being said I will eat either on almost anything particularly any starch/carb, eggs or sandwich, but also on nachos or anything else topped with shredded cheese...those are the sorts of things that are my food weakness as I don't care for sweets at all

pygmalion

My current favorite is a mix of Sriracha and Mayo. It makes everything taste wonderful.

I'll have to try this. There was a time when I would have been grossed out by the mere idea, But the cafe where I work has this amazing chipotle mayo combo that is just astoundingly yummy. What the heck. Why not try sriracha and mayo?

fascination

Site Moderator
Staff member
I would imagien that the mayo softens the sriracha which some people need...i grew up on miracle whip and therefore, cannot abide mayo...not even a little bit

pygmalion

I like either or both.

Will have to try the miracle whip/sriracha combo as well. :)

ETA: Ooh! There's a thought. Will have to try hot sauce in hummus as a spread. I've been substituting hummus for mayo on wraps and sandwiches. I bet it would be super yummy with hot sauce blended in. My fave hummus flavor is supremely spicy, after all.

SDsalsaguy

Administrator
Staff member
ETA: Ooh! There's a thought. Will have to try hot sauce in hummus as a spread. I've been substituting hummus for mayo on wraps and sandwiches. I bet it would be super yummy with hot sauce blended in. My fave hummus flavor is supremely spicy, after all.
I've actually been offered siracha added to my hummus in a restaurant a couple of years ago. :confused:
(It wasn't bad actually... although it doesn't work when you're craving more traditional middle-eastern ;))

pygmalion

The funny thing is that I cannot stand traditional Middle Eastern hummus. But Americanized (aka weird flavored) hummus, I eat with a spoon. Plain. No chips, pita or veggies required.

Oh, that one! Yes, I have seen Sriracho. There is some kind of a "roasted" flavor to it that I didn't care for all that much. I tried it and it didn't make my "A" list.

fascination

Site Moderator
Staff member
sriracha is usually bottled and in the asian section...it is thick which is sort of nice...and is basically red chile paste in a bottle

toothlesstiger

Sriracha is also known as "Rooster Sauce". It comes in a clear plastic squeeze bottle with a picture of a rooster on it, is deep red, and usually has a narrow green cap. It's become commonplace enough, at least in the San Franciso Bay area and other areas with a high proportion of asians, that it is easier to come across than Tabasco sauce.

pygmalion

louisiana hot sauce on anything with no kick

I assume you're talking about the red chili pepper sauce. I discovered earlier in this thread (No. I don't expect you to go back and read all six pages.) that Louisiana Brand has a bunch of different sauces. I didn't know this until I googled their site. Very cool. You can even buy a gift box variety pack of different flavors.

Dance Ads